76) An organization that has a low relative market share position and competes in a slow-growth industry is referred to as a
C) question mark.
E) cash cow.
77) According to the Grand Strategy Matrix, organizations in which .quadrant have a strong competitive position but are in a slow-growth industry,
78) The top row of a QSPM consists of alternative strategies derived from all of these except
A) BCG Matrix.
B) CPM Matrix.
C) Space Matrix.
D) Grand Strategy Matrix.
E) IE Matrix.
79) How are objectives in the areas of profitability, growth and market share commonly established?
A) Geographic location
B) Customer groups
C) Business segment
E) all of the above
80) _______ is not a major factor that commonly prohibits effective resource allocation.
A) Underprotection of resources
B) Lack of sufficient knowledge
C) Vague strategy targets
D) Reluctance to take risks
E) Organizational politics
81) Which approach for managing and resolving conflict involves exchanging members of conflicting parties of that each can gain an appreciation of the others point of view?
82) Which approach for managing and resolving conflict involves playing down differences between conflicting parties while accentuating similarities and common interests?
83) Why do changes in company strategy often require changes in the way an organization is structured?
A) Structure dictates how goals and objectives will be established.
B) Structure dictates strategy.
C) Structure dictates how resources will be allocated.
D) Structure dictates how money is spent.
E) Structure dictates authority over projects.
84) What percentage of companies are reported to have some form of bonus plan?
A) 40 percent
B) 95 percent
C) 80 percent
D) 75 percent
E) 25 percent
85) Resistance to change can manifest itself through
A) filing unfounded grievances.
B) sabotaging production machines.
C) unwillingness to cooperate.
E) all of the above
86) Which strategy could be best defined as an effective, multi-method technique of studying and altering a firm’s culture?
C) Educative change strategy
E) Process management
87) What percent of strategies formulated are successfully implemented?
A) Approximately 66 percent
B) Less than 10 percent
C) Between 40 to 60 percent
D) About 30 percent
E) More than 80 percent
88) Why is market segmentation an important variable in the strategy-implementation process?
A) Company strategies do not require increased sales through new markets and products.
B) It allows a firm to minimize per-unit profits and per-segment sales.
C) It directly affects marketing mix variables.
D) It allows a firm to operate with no resources.
E) all of the above
89) Which of the following is (are) true about two different market segments?
A) They are most effective when a firm squats between two segments.
B) They are always in different geographic locations.
C) They are usually incompatible.
D) They usually require different marketing strategies.
E) They can usually be served with the same marketing strategy.
90) What is a central strategy-implementation technique that allows an organization to examine the expected results of various actions and approaches?
A) Financial budgeting
C) External analysis
D) TOWS analysis
E) Projected financial statement analysis
91) Which of these is the most common type of budgeting time frame?
D) Every decade
92) What is a limitation of using financial budgets?
A) They are sometimes used as instruments of tyranny.
B) They can become a substitute for objectives.
C) They can hide inefficiencies if done only on precedent.
D) They can be so detailed that they are cumbersome and expensive.
E) all of the above
93) What best describes how much a company is worth?
B) Known only to the firm’s accountants
C) Explicit accounting standards
D) An exact science
E) An educated guess
94) What is the best definition of goodwill?
A) Value associated with benefits from environmental programs
B) Excess of current assets over liabilities
C) Value attached to the firms reputation
D) Premiums paid for acquisition
E) Excess of assets over liabilities
95) If success for one organizational department means failure for another department, then strategies may be
96) Corrective actions are not needed when
A) changes have occurred in the firm’s internal strategic position.
B) the industry is slowing down.
C) the firm is not progressing satisfactorily toward achieving stated objectives.
D) external and internal factors have not significantly changed.
E) competitive factors are on the rise.
97) What is the basis for quantitative financial evaluation?
A) Financial ratios
B) Reduction in costs
C) The EPS/EBIT Analysis
D) Present value analysis
E) Capital Asset Pricing Model
98) Corrective action should do all of the following except
A) improve internal weaknesses.
B) avoid external threats.
C) capitalize upon internal strengths.
D) strengthen an organization’s competitive position.
E) avoid external opportunities.
99) What aims to balance long term with short term concerns, financial with non-
financial concerns, and internal with external concerns?
A) Contingency planning
B) Measuring performance
C) reviewing Bases of Strategy
D) The Balanced Scorecard approach
E) Taking corrective action
100) Which type of auditors are specifically responsible for safeguarding the as-
sets of a company?
A) Research auditors
B) Government auditors
C) External auditors
D) Independent auditors
E) Internal auditors
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.