QSO 600 Operations Management
QSO 600 Operations Management
1. Thermostats are subjected to rigorous testing before they are shipped to air conditioning technicians around the world. Results from the last five samples are shown in the table. Draw and R Chart and an x-bar chart. Based on the charts, is the process under control? (20 Points)
2. A professor records the number of students who complain each week throughout the semester. If the class size is forty students, what are 3-sigma control limits for this class? Construct a control p-chart and interpret the data. Is the process in control? (20 points)
3. A department store chain is designing a layout for a new store. The store manager wants to provide as much convenience as possible for her customers. Based on historical data, the number of trips between departments per hour is given in the following closeness matrix. A block plan showing a preliminary layout is also shown.
Customer travel between departments is restricted to the aisles shown in the block plan as dotted lines.
Complete the calculations and fill in the table above. Based on the table above answer the following questions.
a) What is the total expected weighted-distance score between Office Supplies and Hardware? (4 points)
b) What is the total weighted-distance score between Hardware and Toys? (4 points)
c) What is the total weighted-distance score for the entire store? (4 points)
d) A suggestion has been made to switch Hardware and Automotive. What would the total weighted-distance score for the entire store if these two departments were switched? (4 points)
e) Based on your calculations, would you recommend that Hardware and Automotive be switched? (4 points)
4. Balance the assembly line for the tasks contained in the table. The desired output is 240 units per day. Available production time per day is 480 minutes.
a) What is the desired Cycle time in seconds? (4 points)
b) What is the theoretical minimum number of stations? (4 points)
c) Use trial and error to work out a solution in the table below. Your efficiency should be at least 90%. (10 Points)
d) Calculate the efficiency of your solution. (2 points)
5. A manufacturer’s research and development center must expand by building a new facility. The search has been narrowed to five locations, all of which are acceptable to management. The assessment of these sites is being made on the basis of the five subjective location factors that follow. Management has agreed to use a five-point scale (Excellent = 5, and Poor = 1) to quantify and compare their subjective opinions about the relative goodness of the sites. The weight reflects the importance of each factor in the decision.
alculate the weighted score for each alternative. Which location would you recommend?(15 points)
6. Complete the following MPS Record (15 points)
7. Use the bill of materials and inventory records to determine the quantity of purchased items necessary to assemble 20 end items if the manufacturer uses lot-for-lot ordering. There are no end items currently on hand, and none of the components have any scheduled receipts. (20 points)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.