1. A project typically has ____________.
a. a defined start and end date
b. a defined start date but no defined end date
c. no defined start but a defined end date
d. no defined start or end date
2. The Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide definition of a project indicates that a
project is ____________.
c. designed to consume human resources
d. limited by a budget
3. A business reality that makes effective project management critical is the fact that ___________.
a. products are becoming increasingly simple
b. inflation is rampant
c. product life cycles are compressing
d. product launch windows are widening
4. A product is introduced into a market, gains the acceptance of a fickle public and is finally
supplanted by a new and improved offering. This phenomenon is known as the ____________.
a. product life cycle
b. rule of 80
c. Mendoza line
5. The degree of innovation and creativity is typically at its highest during the _____________
6. The amount of corporate investment is typically at its lowest in the ____________ phase.
7. The dimension of project success that is realized last is _____________.
a. future potential
b. business success
c. impact on the customer
8. The dimension of project success that is measured by both an internal and external criterion is
a. future potential
b. business success
c. impact on the customer
9. A strategic element that contains formally titled initiatives such as the Customer Survey Project,
the Small Business Alliance Project and the Employee Relations Project is most likely a
10. The management department at the university decides to add a new program in restaurant,
hotel and institutional management. As part of the development process, they hold focus
groups consisting of area business leaders, current and former students and restaurant and
hotel owners. These groups can be described as _____________.
a. project leaders
b. project workers
11. Which statement about stakeholders is most appropriate?
a. Stakeholders wield considerable power.
b. Stakeholders can potentially impact project development.
c. Stakeholders are external to a company.
d. By definition, clients are not stakeholders, they are customers.
12. A functional organization structure is a plus for project management because _____________.
a. functional siloing often exists
b. it allows for standard career paths
c. there is high customer focus
d. commitment to project success is high and unwavering
13. A functional organization structure is a weakness for project management because
a. in-depth knowledge and intellectual capital development are enabled
b. no disruption or changes to a firm’s design are necessitated by projects developed
within this structure
c. priorities among functional departments may be different and competing
d. standard career paths are enabled so team members only perform their duties as
14. The tendency of employees in a functionally organized company to become fixated on their
own concerns and work assignments to the exclusion of the needs of other departments is
known as _____________.
15. Centralized units within an organization or department that oversee or improve the
management of projects are called _____________.
a. project management offices
b. PERT units
c. tiger teams
d. central clearinghouses
16. A PMO is not used ______________.
a. as a resource center
b. to replace the project manager as being responsible for the project
c. to act as a central repository for project documentation
d. as the place where project management improvements are identified and then
disseminated to the rest of the organization
17. The PMO is used as a tracking and monitoring device under the _______________ model.
a. control tower
b. weather station
c. resource pool
18. A proactive project portfolio is ______________.
a. as simple as moving from one project opportunity to another project opportunity
b. an integrated family of projects with a common strategic goal
c. a collection of projects under the umbrella of single project manager carrying the title
of portfolio manager
d. developed with respect to short-term operational concerns
19. Which of these is not a factor in successful project portfolio management?
a. flexible structure and freedom of communication
b. low-cost environmental setting
c. emphasis on quality
d. time-paced transition
20. Multiple project environments thrive on _______________.
a. multi-layered bureaucracy
b. rigid development processes
c. narrow communication channels
d. improvisation by project teams
21. The efficient frontier in project management is the set of portfolio options that offer a
______________ return for a _______________ risk.
a. minimum; minimum
b. minimum; maximum
c. maximum; minimum
d. maximum; maximum
22. Which statement about the use of the profile model is most accurate?
a. The profile model requires careful calculation of the percentage risk for each possible
b. The scale used for the profile model can be any two numerical variables that a company
c. The efficient frontier in the profile model is where return is 100% (or greater) and risk is
d. For a given level of risk, a positive move on the return axes would indicate a superior
23. Which statement regarding project selection is best?
a. Decision models must contain either objective or subjective factors.
b. Organizational reality can be perfectly captured by most decision-making models.
c. Before selecting any project, the team should identify all the relevant issues that play a
role in project selection.
d. Every decision model has both objective and subjective factors.
24. Which statement regarding project selection and screening criteria is best?
a. The most complete model in the world is still only a partial reflection of organization
b. It is possible, given enough time and effort, to identify all relevant issues that play a
roll in project selection.
c. Decision models are either objective or subjective.
d. For many projects, more than 80% of the decision criteria are vital.
25. A commercial factor in project selection and screening might be ______________.
a. a need to develop employees
b. the likelihood that users of the project are injured
c. the long-term market dominance
d. the impact on the company’s image
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.