Land Ordinance of 1785
I) The Land Ordinance
1. The United States Congress adopted the Land Ordinance of 1785 in May 1785.
2. Thomas Jefferson wrote the Ordinance of 1784, which called for the land west of the Appalachian Mountains, north of the Ohio River, and east of the Mississippi River to be divided.
a. This ordinance did not exactly describe how the land would be settled, governed, or how the land would become a state.
3. The Land Ordinance of 1785 put the 1784 resolution in operation by providing mechanism for selling or settling the land. B. Goals and Accomplishments:
1. Due to the fact that Congress could not raise taxes, the main goal of the ordinance was to sell the unmapped territory west of the states acquired in 1783 through the Treaty of Paris and uses the income as federal profit.
2. Over three-fourths of the continental US was surveyed using the rectangular survey, which provided the following:
a. Easily recognizable land descriptions . Economic, political, and social development in the townships.
4. The Ordinance divided the land into townships, six square miles each that were divided into 36 1 square mile sections.
a. Each of the 36 sections were subdivided into portions of land that were sold or used for a specific purpose.
b. Section 16 of every township was reserved for the maintenance of public schools.
c. In later townships, section 36 was designated as a school section.
d. Sections 8, 11, 26, and 29 were reserved for federal sale
Related article: Land of Opportunity
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. My Essay Gram is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download