1. Jeff works as a self-employed consultant. He decides when, where and how he works based on market demand and personal preference. Jeff’s job has a high degree of
B. Task interdependence
C. Task structure
D. Skill variety
2. When there is a known procedure for accomplishing a task, rules governing how one goes about it and if these rules are followed, there is one result. These features characterize a(n)
A. Task identity
B. Structured task
C. Task significance
D. Unstructured task
3. Which of the following statements about unstructured tasks is false?
A. Unstructured tasks are by nature somewhat ill defined
B. Reducing the degree of ambiguity inherent in an unstructured situation is a leadership behavior appreciated by followers
C. While it is easier for a leader to give instruction in unstructured tasks, it is not necessarily the most helpful thing to do
D. Subordinates need help when a task is unstructured
4. Workers may be able to accomplish their tasks in an autonomous fashion, but the products of their efforts must be coordinated in order for the group to be successful. This refers to
A. Task interdependence
C. Task structure
D. Skill variety
5. If we consider the example of ironing a shirt, which of the following task
dimensions would be high?
A. Skill variety
B. Task significance
C. Task structure
D. Task interdependence
6. The organizational structure is
A. A tangible reality
B. An end in itself
C. Sacrosanct and permanent
D. A tool for getting things done in organizations
7. Typically, greater horizontal complexity is associated with
A. The number of hierarchical levels appearing on an organization chart
B. The increased likelihood for communication breakdowns between subunits
C. The degree of standardization in an organization
D. The diffusion of decision making throughout an organization
8. This refers to the number of hierarchical levels appearing on an
C. Horizontal complexity
D. Vertical complexity
9. The only situational consideration in situational leadership is
A. Decision making
C. Knowledge of the task
D. Goal setting
10. In terms of the four leadership styles of situational leadership, a high task/ low relationship behavior is referred to as
11. The delegating leadership style has
A. High task/low relationship behavior
B. Low task/low relationship behavior
C. An assessment of an individual’s personality
D. Links to customers and suppliers
12. Which of the following statements about leadership is true?
A. Situational leadership theory maintains that leaders are very consistent in their behavior
B. Situational leadership theory maintains that leaders’ effectiveness is primarily determined by changing the situation to fit the particular leader’s style
C. The contingency model emphasizes flexibility in leader behaviors
D. The contingency model suggests that leader effectiveness is primarily determined by selecting the right kind of leader for a certain situation
13. Situational leadership theory suggests that the leader should base his
A. Valued rewards
B. Follower maturity
C. Task structure
D. Leader-member relations
14. Fiedler’s contingency theory uses which of the following instruments to
determine the relevant characteristic of the leader?
A. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
B. The California Personality Inventory
C. The Least Preferred Coworker Scale
D. The Five Factor Personality Inventory
15. Which of the following statements about high-LPC leaders is true?
A. If tasks are being accomplished in an acceptable manner, they will
move to their secondary level of motivation, which is forming and
maintaining relationships with followers
B. They are primarily motivated by the task, which means that they
primarily gain satisfaction from task accomplishment
C. They are primarily motivated by relationships, which mean that they
are primarily satisfied by establishing and maintaining close interpersonal relationships
D. They will focus on improving their relationships with followers after
they are assured that assigned tasks are being satisfactorily accomplished
16. Which of the following is the most powerful supplement in determining overall situation favorability?
A. Leader-member relations
B. Task structures
C. Position powers
D. Subordinate acceptance
17. What is the underlying cause for a huge percentage of failures of change initiatives?
A. The leader’s inability or unwillingness to address culture and capabilities issues
B. Leaders act to optimize their part of the organization at the expense
of sub-optimizing the organization’s overall effectiveness
C. The leader does not have a compelling vision or fails to motivate
others to do something different
D. Top leaders may fail to demonstrate empathy and listening skills
18. This component of the change model is where the change initiative becomes tangible and actionable because it consists of the development and execution of the change plan.
A. Amount of change
19. Which of following is not a common form of resistance to change?
A. Loss of power
B. Loss of competence
C. Loss of charisma
D. Loss of rewards
20. When followers are afraid of losing power, a leader’s response to this fear
A. To coach, mentor, train, peer coach, use job aids and so forth
B. To demonstrate empathy and have good listening skills
C. To help employees build new relationships before change occurs or soon thereafter
D. To design and implement a new reward system to support change
21. The “S” in SARA refers to
22. In this stage of coping with change, you start to question whether the company really knew what it was doing by letting you go and perhaps rationalize that they will probably be calling you back.
23. Usually the first people to realize that a change initiative needs to be implemented are the organization’s
A. First-line supervisors
B. Middle managers
C. Top leaders
D. Individual contributors
24. Management skills are important for
A. Coaching followers on how to do things differently
B. Determining a new vision for the organization
C. Increasing dissatisfaction
D. Reviewing progress on change plans
25. Persons derive authority because of their exemplary characteristics in the
A. Charismatic authority system
B. Traditional authority system
C. Legal-rational authority system
D. Legal authority system
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.