1. Which of the following pertains to the amount of time people take to
prepare for an interview and their overall job performance and satisfaction?
A. Openness to experience
2. “Because of their narcissistic tendencies, these leaders often get quite a
bit done. But their feelings of entitlement and inability to learn from
experience often results in trails of bruised followers.” Which dark-side
personality trait is defined by this statement?
3. Dutiful leaders
A. Tend to blame others for their mistakes
B. Frustrate and disempower their staffs through micro-management
C. Deal with stress by sucking up to superiors
D. Are unconcerned about the welfare of their staff
4. Which dark-side personality trait is often associated with extremely high
5. These managerial types have gained insight into their dark-side traits and
have found ways to negate their debilitating effects on followers.
A. Competent Managers
B. Results Only Managers
D. In Name Only Managers
6. A person’s all-around effectiveness in activities directed by thought is
A. Affects behavior equally across all situations
B. Is relatively easy to change
C. Can be inferred in different ways
D. Can be modified through education and experience
8. ‘Adequate organization performance is possible through balancing the
necessity to get work out while maintaining morale of people at a
satisfactory level.’ In terms of the Leadership Grid, what leadership
orientation does this signify?
A. Team management
B. Country Club management
C. Impoverished management
D. Middle-of-the-road management
9. These skills and behaviors do not involve interacting with others and are
among the most difficult to change.
10. Competencies concerned with analyzing issues, making decisions, financial
savvy and strategic thinking constitute the
A. Intrapersonal skills category
B. Leadership skills category
C. Interpersonal skills category
D. Business skills category
11. Community leaders
A. Have positional power
B. Can get tasks accomplished
C. Tend to have fewer resources
D. Can discipline followers who do not adhere to organizational norms
12. The leadership competency of helping a group or community recognize and define its opportunities and issues in ways that result in effective action is
B. Building social capital
D. Interaction facilitation
13. Leaders can motivate followers with strong _____ values by giving them
opportunities to improve society and help others who are less fortunate.
14. What is the motivational strategy of followers with strong scientific values?
A. They enjoy analyzing data to get at the truth
B. The more they are paid, the more they are motivated to work
C. They are motivated when they work in organizations that have strong
D. They believe fame, visibility and publicity are important
15. Leaders who suffer from extrinsic motivational bias falsely believe followers
are more motivated by
A. Job security
D. Helping others
16. Some people are motivated to persist in certain behaviors for the simple
reason that they like to do them. This is called
A. Extrinsic motivation
B. Overjustification effect
C. Intrinsic motivation
D. Observer effect
17. Which of the following statements concerning the overjustification effect is
A. The overjustification effect occurs in a number of situations
B. Rewards seen as providing “informational” value typically result in a decrease in intrinsic motivation for the task
C. Overjustification effect is more a reality than a myth
D. External rewards may backfire if they are given to people already
intrinsically motivated to perform the tasks
18. What are the most powerful determinants of task behaviors, according to
Locke and Latham?
19. Receiving conflicting information from two or more people about their
expectations for your work behavior reflects
A. Intersender role conflict
B. Intrasender role conflict
C. Interrole conflict
D. Person-role conflict
20. This role conflict occurs when a store manager encourages a salesperson to
mislead customers about the quality of the store’s products when this
behavior is inconsistent with the salesperson’s values and beliefs.
A. Interrole conflict
B. Intrasender role conflict
C. Intersender role conflict
D. Person-role conflict
21. A person is experiencing _____ if he/she wonders, “Just what am I
supposed to be doing?”
A. Role ambiguity
B. Role conflict
C. Role overload
D. Role insufficiency
22. These are the informal rules that groups adopt to regulate and regularize
group members’ behaviors.
23. The sum of forces that attract members to a group, provide resistance to
leaving it and motivate them to be active in it is called
A. Group polarization
B. Social facilitation
C. Group cohesion
D. Punctuated equilibrium
24. One of the disadvantages of highly cohesive group is finding that, people
in such groups often become more concerned with striving for
unanimity than in objectively appraising different courses of action. This
phenomenon is called
B. Punctuated equilibrium
25. A highly cohesive group with members who overstep their boundaries or
even violate laws to please the leader illustrates
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.