How much does it cost to run for office in Texas?
How will you raise money? (read this handy info from the Texas Democratic Party before you violate any campaign finance laws: https://www.txdemocrats.org/act/run-for-office )
Name interest groups that will support/oppose you? Go to https://votesmart.org/interest-groups/TX/#.WXjT4ojyuUk and identify two (2) interest groups that you think will support your campaign, and two (2) who will oppose your campaign. Explain why? (referring to your platform).
What’s your SLOGAN?
Design a campaign sign
How do you get out the vote? Given your issue stands, what voter groups do you need to target? (refer back to the district analyses documents on your current legislator’s homepage
Program-Level Outcome 1: Communication Skills – to include effective development, interpretation and expression of ideas through written, oral and visual communication
1. Written: Process and produce effective written communication adapted to audience, purpose, and time constraints.
3. Visual: Effectively interpret visual images or produce effective visual images.
Program-Level Outcome 2: Critical Thinking Skills – to include creative thinking, innovation, inquiry, and analysis, evaluation and synthesis of information
Program-Level Outcome 5: Personal Responsibility – to include the ability to connect choices, actions, and consequences to ethical decision-making
Program-Level Outcome 6: Social Responsibility – to include intercultural competence, knowledge of civic responsibility, and the ability to engage effectively in regional, national, and global communities
Course-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
5. Evaluate the role of public opinion, interest groups, and political parties in Texas.
6. Analyze the state and local election process.
7. Identify the rights and responsibilities of citizens.
8. Analyze issues, policies and political culture of Texas.