Please define and give the historical significance/importance of each identifications(IDs) and include the information below each. Use only the provided reference materials. Due 4 May at 11:59 PM
· Brown vs. Board of Education (1954)
– “Doll Babies”
· Civil Rights Act (1964)
-we do not discriminate based on…,
· War on Poverty
– 1 of 4 in poverty
– 1) , 2)School lunch programs, 3)Food stamps, Medicare
– 1960 $25B spent on poverty, 1970 $60B spent and both still averaged $250 per person
– Explorer 1 1958(scared Americans)
– How longe before Nuclear bombs hit America
– Bomb shelters was built
– NASA was created
– $400M invested in Math and Science
– Plummer’s worked at WH
– Woodword & Brunsteen started to investigate
– Argibal Cox took Nixon to Court(fired by Nixon)
– Nixon wouldn’t turn over tape
– Congress files for impeachment, 1) Obstruction of Justice, 2) violated……, 3)Contempt of Congress
· Gulf of Tonkin resolution
– USS Maddox is attacked
– Resolution passed(Senate 88-2)(House 416-0); gsve president authority to protect forces and prevent …
– LBJ quote
– Brought us deeper into Vietnam
· Yalta Conference (1945)
– Stallin promised free elecctions for Poland and Eastern Europe(he reniged on promise)
· Cuban Missile Crisis (
-October U2 fly over
-JFK gets pics
-Orders blockade that was called quarantine
-JFK get on Radio and said we will respond
-Back and Forth on phone with Russia, Russia blinked
-Closest we ever been to a nuclear war
· SALT I/II1972/78)- froze the number……
-Example of detaunt 72-79
– what is SALT
-SALT I Nixon/Breznew
-SALT II Carter/Reznet(not ratified by Congress because of distrust of Russia/giving up to much)
-Carter/Regan did follow guidelines
INF Treaty(Intermediate Nuclear Forces.
Part II (at least 2 pages)
Essay: Answer the following questions in a clear and coherent essay. Be sure to include specific examples from lectures and readings.
b. Civil Rights in the Twentieth century began to gain momentum in the 1950s with the Brown vs. Board of Education decision of the US Supreme Court. Discuss the importance of this decision, as well as other civil rights legislation, in terms of events that occurred in the 1950s and 1960s. What is the significance of the year 1965 in American civil rights? Get specific and offer numerous examples to support your argument.
· CORE – 1942 Congress of Racial equality
· SCLC – 1955 Southern Christian Leadership
· SCC – 1960 – Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee
· Emmitt Till
· Watts, CA 1964
· 1966 –There are 43 riots, worst are from Chicago and Cleveland
· 1967 – 8 Major Riots, Worst was Detroit. 43 people killed, 33 Black
· “White Flight” – get out of city and went into suburbs.
· Malcolm X(killed in 1965
· Rodney King
· Civil rights act of 1964(ID)
· Brown vs Board of Education(ID)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.