Read these instructions and select one (1) A question and one (1) B question to answer in the discussion thread in a single main post.
You are to write a minimum of 300-400 words for your main post and a minimum of 100-150 words for each response to a classmate. Always support your ideas, arguments, and comments with appropriately referenced (APA) literature, theory, and research. Respond with sufficient detail to support your position while citing specific examples and applying concepts from the course materials. Please ensure that you include in-text citations and a proper bibliographic reference for all of your sources, to include the course materials. Writing mechanics count in every post you make.
A. QUESTIONS (select one for discussion):
1. During his search of a homicide scene, Investigator Smith collects evidence that includes a bloody shirt. After the crime scene team has completely processed the scene, Investigator Smith packages the shirt in a paper bag, seals the bag, and labels it to indicate the contents.
He then delivers the shirt to the laboratory with an evidence submission form. There a forensic scientist breaks the seal, removes the shirt, and performs a series of tests on it. He replaces the shirt, discards the old seal, and places a new seal on the package containing his initials and the date on which it was resealed.
What mistakes, if any, were made in handling the shirt? If there were no errors discuss why the actions taken were appropriate for this situation. If you find that errors were made, discuss the appropriate actions for this situation.
2. Investigator Wright arrives at a murder scene and finds the body of a victim who has suffered a gunshot wound, but she doesn’t see any blood spatter on the wall or floor behind the body. What should she conclude from this observation? Explain your answer and support your rationale with your research.
3. Office Friendly is the first responder at an apparent homicide scene. After securing the area, interviewing the sole witness, and calling for backup, he begins to search for evidence. He makes note of a bloody knife lying next to the body. A small scrap of bloody cloth is clinging precariously to the knife. Because it is a very windy day, Officer Friendly removes the scrap of fabric and seals it in a plastic bag. A few moments later, the crime scene team, including a photographer, arrives to take over the investigation.
What mistakes, if any, did Officer Friendly make prior to the arrival of the crime scene team? If he made no errors discuss why the actions he took were appropriate for this situation. If you find that he made errors discuss the appropriate actions for this situation.
4. How are body fluids identified at a crime scene? Are there any considerations that need to be taken regarding how body fluids are identified? Why? Which of these fluids is easily located by Alternative Light Source (ALS)? Blood, Semen, Soap
ALS info: Evidence Tech Magazine & SPEX Forensics
What is the best method for collecting wet blood at a scene and what is a good method for collecting dried blood at a scene? What types of evidence might we expect to find on a suspect in a sexual assault case? Are there any special considerations that need to be taken when collecting evidence and reference samples from a suspect in a sexual assault case?
B. QUESTIONS (select one for discussion):
1. Bloodstain Pattern Analysis is the examination of the shape, size and distribution pattern of bloodstains found at the crime scene to reconstruct the occurrences that led to the bloodshed. Bloodstain pattern analysis is part of crime scene reconstruction and provides information that cannot be obtained through any other venue. In Bloodstain pattern analysis, we look at the area of convergence, in other words, the area where the victim was located during the bloodshed. The shape of the bloodstains can tell us the direction of travel of the victim or offender.
Explain the difference between an impact spatter pattern and a projected spatter pattern.
What is a wipe pattern and what is a swipe pattern?
Bloodstain Pattern Analyst
2. Blood stains (or spatter, NOT splatter) are classified into three basic types. Describe each basic type and give an example of each. Please discuss four (4) elements that blood spatter can indicate when reconstructing a crime scene.
3. What types of evidence might you encounter at a crime scene that might contain possible biohazards? What precautions would you take? Please justify your answers.
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. My Essay Gram is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download