Week 1 6456
Overview of Couple and Family Counseling
Readings must use the reading.
· Course Introduction
· Gurman, A. S., Lebow, J. L., Snyder, D. K. (2015). Clinical handbook of couple therapy. New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
o Chapter 1, “Theory and Practice of Couple Therapy: History, Contemporary Models, and a Framework for Comparative Analysis”
· Williams, M. (2012). Couples counseling: A step by step guide for therapists. Boston, MA: Viale Publishing.
o Chapter 1, “Getting Started” (pp. 1–23)
o Chapter 2, “1st Session: Intake” (pp. 25–40)
· Chambless, D. L., Miklowitz, D. J., & Shoham, V. (2012). Beyond the patient: Couple and family therapy for individual problems. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 68(5), 487–489.
· Fischer, D. J., & Fink, B. C. (2013). Clinical processes in behavioral couples therapy. Psychotherapy. Advance online publication.
· Minuchin, S. (2017). Systems therapy. Psychotherapy Networker Magazine, 41(1), 37-38.
· Tambling, R. B., Anderson, S. R., & Wong, A. G. (2016). Expectations about couple therapy over time. Contemporary Family Therapy, 38(4), 353-360.
· Whisman, M. A., & Baucom, D. H. (2012). Intimate relationships and psychopathology. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 15(1), 4–13.
The Dynamics in Working With Couples and Families
Post three examples of how working with couples and families differs from working with individuals. Explain these differences. Then, explain any challenges you may face related to this distinction in your professional practice based on your current skills. Provide an example scenario that illustrates your post.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the resources.
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. My Essay Gram is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download