Open Theory, OD Models, Nashler-Tushman Inputs etc.
Your first task is to choose one of “Fortune Magazine’s Best 100 Companies To Work For” (2011) from the following website:
PART I: Open Theory
1) What is open systems theory?
2) How can open systems theory be used to understand an organization?
3) Choose one of Fortune magazine’s Top 100 Best Companies to work for, and discuss how open systems theory might apply to your chosen organization.
4) Be sure that you spend some time reviewing your chosen company’s website, familarizing yourself with the company’s Annual Reports, 10-K filings, and other relevant information
PART II: OD Models
See below for (11) different OD models.
Falletta, S. V. (2005) Organizational Diagnostic Models: A Review and Synthesis. Retrieved November 7, 2012 from http://www.leadersphere.com/img/OrgmodelsR2009.pdf
Now that you’ve considered the background and the strengths and weaknesses of these models, which of them do you believe would be best suited to an OD analysis of your chosen Fortune “Best 100” organization? While you do not need to cover every characteristic of your chosen model, please do be very specific in your discussion and reasoning
PART III: Nashler-Tushman Inputs
In the Background Information section of Module 3, the Nadler-Tushman Congruence Model cites four Input categories:
* Environment (factors external to the organization)
* Resources (factors internal to the organization)
* Organizational history (persistent traditions)
* Strategy (goals, objectives and strategic initiatives)
Please discuss the above Inputs in the context of your “Best 100” company. Be thorough, and be specific.
PART IV: Nashler-Tushman Outputs
In Module 4, we discussed the Nadler-Tushman Congruence Model as it relates to Outputs.
Restated, the Congruence Model recognizes “Outputs” as existing at the Individual, Group, and Organizational levels.
Please discuss Outputs in the context of your chosen “Best 100” Company. Be thorough and be specific.
PART V: Organization Learning (OL) and Learning Organization (LO)
In Module 5, we have studied the relationship between feedback loops and Organizational Learning (OL).
1) Please provide a scholarly definition of “organizational learning” (as you should know, by “scholarly,” I am requesting that you provide a definition of the notion of OL that is derived from a peer-reviewed journal. There are many, many, differing definitions of OL – and many opinions on precisely how organizations learn (or if they can even learn at all). Some notable theorists include Chris Argyris, Peter Senge, Bente Elkjaer, James G. March, Herbert A. Simon, Mark Easterbay-Smith, and Fiol & Lyles, among innumerable others.
2) Is there a difference between the notion of “Organizational Learning” (OL) and that of the “Learning Organization” (LO)? Are we anthropomorphizing (great word!) organizations when we say that they “learn”?
3) Please describe the extent to which you believe your chosen “100 Best” organization is also a “Learning Organization.” If so, how does your organization “learn”? What has your organization “learned,” and through what mechanism(s)?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.