1. Labor costs that are clearly associated with specific units or batches of product because the labor is used to convert raw materials into finished products called are:
A. Sunk labor.
B. Direct labor.
C. Indirect labor.
D. Finished labor.
E. Supervisory labor.
2. Flexibility of practice when applied to managerial accounting means that:
A. The information must be presented in electronic format so that it is easily changed.
B. Managers must be willing to accept the information as the accountants present it to them, rather than in the format they ask for.
C. The managerial accountants need to be on call twenty-four hours a day.
D. The design of a company’s managerial accounting system largely depends on the nature of the business and the arrangement of the internal operations of the company.
E. Managers must be flexible with information provided in varying forms and using inconsistent measures.
3. Which of the following items is a management concept that was not created to improve companies’ performances?
A. Just-in-time manufacturing.
B. Customer orientation.
C. Total quality management.
D. Continuous improvement.
E. Theory of Constraints.
4. Which of the following items appears only in a manufacturing company’s financial statements?
A. Cost of goods sold.
B. Cost of goods manufactured.
C. Goods available for sale.
D. Gross profit.
E. Net income.
5. Which of the following items does not represent a difference between financial and managerial accounting?
A. Users of the information.
B. Flexibility of practices.
C. Timeliness and time dimension of the information reported.
D. Nature of the information.
E. Purpose of accounting.
6. Dell Builders manufactures each house to customer specifications. It most likely would use:
A. Capital process costing.
B. A periodic inventory system.
C. Unique costing.
D. Job order costing.
E. Activity-based costing.
7. Concept Company’s manufacturing accounting system uses direct labor costs to apply overhead to goods in process and finished goods inventories. Canoe Company’s manufacturing costs for the year were: direct labor, $30,000; direct materials, $50,000; and factory overhead applied, $6,000. The overhead application rate was:
8. A job cost sheet shows information about each of the following items except:
A. The direct labor costs assigned to the job.
B. The name of the customer.
C. The costs incurred by the marketing department in selling the job.
D. The overhead costs assigned to the job.
E. The direct materials costs assigned to the job.
9. The ending inventory of finished goods has a total cost of $9,000 and consists of 600 units. If the overhead applied to these goods is $3,000, and the overhead rate is 75% of direct labor, how much direct materials cost was incurred in producing these units?
10. Job order costing systems normally use:
A. Periodic inventory systems.
B. Perpetual inventory systems.
C. Real inventory systems.
D. General inventory systems.
E. All of the above.
11. Over applied or under applied overhead should be removed from the Factory Overhead account at the end of each accounting period.
12. If actual overhead incurred during a period exceeds applied overhead, the difference will be a credit balance in the Factory Overhead account at the end of the period.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.