6 Lab Assignment: Lab Eight ReportAssignment
To complete this assignment, review the prompt and grading rubric in the Lab Eight Guidelines and Rubric document. Use the Lab Report Template to structure your lab report. When you have finished your work, submit the assignment here for grading and instructor feedback.
This assignment requires you to use CYBRScore.
Lab Report Template
Complete each of the critical elements in your lab and submit this report to your instructor for grading in your course. Be sure to keep the lab reports that you complete and review, along with any feedback provided by your instructor, as they will help you create a quality submission for your final project. Review the individual lab guidelines and rubric documents for more information on these assignments.
You may complete the report in a separate Word document. If you choose to use a separate document, include all the questions asked in the guidelines and rubric document for that lab, as well as the accompanying screenshot. Your completed report should reflect the information below. Add additional question numbers with accompanying description and screenshot as needed to match the total number of questions required on a given lab guidelines and rubric documents
1. Lab Number and Name:
2. Brief Summary of Lab: What did you do in the lab?
· How did it work?
· What did you look for/find?
3. Specific Practices or Resources:Briefly describe the specific practices or resources that were most important in terms of supporting the investigation and maintaining evidentiary integrity in this lab. For example:
a. Chain of custody practices
b. Digital forensic tools
c. Incident response tactics
4. Best Practices:Briefly describe best practices or resources necessary in terms of next steps in this lab scenario.
· Include screenshots that support items 3 and 4 in your briefing.
Ensure your entire report is appropriate to your internal audience, employing brevity and consumable language (in this lab, your audience will be your teammates/company attorneys/executive team).